Dental Implant Presentation
To provide you with a better understanding of dental implants, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to dental implants are discussed.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
What is a Dental Implant?
- A dental implant is a small titanium screw secured in the jawbone that serves as the replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth.
- Titanium’s special property of fusing to bone allows the dental implant to stabilize the bone preventing bone loss and maintaining its shape and density
- The implant serves as an anchor for the replacement tooth or teeth (single crowns, bridges or dentures)
- Dental implants are surgically placed into the jaw. They can be placed in either the upper or lower jaw.
- Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, a dental implant fuses with the bone and becomes a good anchor for the replacement tooth.
- Dental implants can be used in solutions for replacing single or multiple missing teeth.
The Dental Implant Procedure